For baby’s comfort and overall development
Successfully comforting babies for over 10 years…
Red Castle’s most Iconic product the Cocoonababy® is an ergonomic cocoon which accompanies the newborn during the first months (from birth to approximately 3 months) and makes the transition between the mummy’s tummy and the outside world a gentle one. In it, baby regains movement close to that in the womb.
The Cocoonababy® was made in1995 at the initiative of Daniele Salducci, pediatric physiotherapist. It is the result of 10 years of observation in a medical environment and extensive research.
Initially used in neonatal care wards to support the development of very premature babies, it was then made available to the general public.
Cocoonababy is now used in thousands of homes to help babies adapt to life outside of the womb.
The Benefits of Cocoonababy
Comforting & Relaxing…
The Cocoonababy’s gentle 20 slope angles baby’s hips to limit reflux and also aids baby’s digestive system.
The second foam is firmer and provides optimal support and comfort. This encourages the child’s balanced development by facilitating early motor responses when awake. Baby can look at and move his hands and arms with ease helping to develop baby’s hand to eye co-ordination.
Portable & Safe…
The adjustable, removable wedge (placed below the fitted sheet) adapts the Cocoonababy to baby’s size and provides support and a curved posture.
High resilience foam which has the capacity to resume its initial shape which guarantees the foams’ longevity and quality.
Marketed by Red Castle since 2006, the success of Cocoonababy is based on three founding values:
The QUALITY of its components, the excellence of its 100% French manufacturing.
The SAFETY of its use, the legitimacy granted by early childhood professionals.
The CONFIDENCE of its users, professionals and the general public.
- Suitable from birth from 2.8 kg and up to approximately three months old
- Baby should be lying on his back, following the recommendations of SIDS advice should baby fall asleep.
- Can be used or on the floor on a carpet.
- The product must be used in its entirety. The use of the waist band is compulsory.
- Do not use in a bassinet, or in a cradle, or in a pram carrycot.
- During the day under parental supervision, it is important to vary the “off-centre back” support.